Friday 6 November 2015

A pleasant surprise!


I opened this month's 'Steam Railway' Magazine the postie brought this week, to be greeted with a picture I recognised. They've published a photograph I sent them ages ago. It's one I took in March 2012 of Britannia Pacific 'Oliver Cromwell' at Museum of Science & Industry in Manchester. It was there for a week between rail tours and as a MoSI volunteer I was able to don an orange jacket and get up close (even had a play on the footplate).
The picture heads the magazine's editorial and takes up the entire upper 1/3 of the first page of this month's magazine.If you don't take 'Steam Railway', have a look at page 1 next time you're in W H Smiths.
Oddly, it's not the best picture out of the five I sent them. They are paying me for its use, however.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment