Saturday 13 July 2013

So what has replaced the Bonnie?

This has! A 2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V; a big V-twin of 1,200cc capacity and with 4 valves per cylinder. Although it's four years old it's in showroom condition, having only done just over 1,000 miles from new. It's fitted with a Moto Guzzi approved Termignoni high performance exhaust system in place of the standard system. And it sounds just gorgeous!

Moto Guzzi motorcycles are conceived and built in Mandello del Lario on Lake Como (Lecco arm, if you know the lake), in Italy. So they have a bit of style.

(As ever, click on any picture for a larger image)







The Termignoni exhaust, a Moto Guzzi option

I bought the bike from a charming chap up in Rossendale, who as well as his day job keeps bantams and makes cheese for sale, and lives in an ancient farm house above Rawtenstall. Malcolm and I rode the Freewinds up to see the bike on Wednesday, and I did the deal there and then. On Friday (yesterday), I went up to Whitefield by train and Metrolink tram where the owner picked me up (avoiding the military funeral which was taking place in Bury) and drove me to his house, from where I rode the bike home.

It is just brilliant to ride. A bottomless pit of power and torque, lots of character as you'd expect from a big low-stressed V-twin. And then there's that fabulous exhaust note. I took a ride on her yesterday afternoon despite the summer heat, and I'm still picking the flies out of my teeth!

Here's some pictures of the current fleet....

Moto Guzzi Griso, Suzuki Freewind, Honda C90








.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment